General Acceptable Use Policy
This AUP governs the use of A1Hosting hosting service. Violation of this AUP may result in suspension or termination of your service. In the event of a dispute between you and A1Hosting regarding the interpretation of this AUP, A1Hosting’s interpretation, in its reasonable commercial judgment, shall govern.
The following is the entire Acceptable User Policy (“AUP”) agreement between A1Hosting and the personal or corporate account holder. A1Hosting provides managed web hosting and domain name service. A1Hosting has certain legal and ethical responsibilities consisting with the use of its servers and equipment involved in these services. A1Hosting’s general policy is to act as a provider of Internet presence. A1Hosting reserves the rights to suspend or cancel a customer’s access to any or all services provided by A1Hosting when we decide that the account has been inappropriately used.
What is Appropriate Usage?
A1Hosting web hosting solution has specifically been designed to serve the web hosting needs of small and independently owned and operated businesses and organizations throughout the world. Since you will be hosting your website with several other clients on our servers in a virtual community, our offerings are really not intended to support enterprise level or large company requirements. For that, we recommend purchasing at least a virtual private server, cloud or dedicated server solution.
A1Hosting hosting is a shared web hosting service, which ultimately means a number of customers’ websites are hosted within the same server environment. To ensure that our hosting is first-class, reliable, and available to all customers within that server community, an individual customer’s website usage cannot adversely affect the performance of other customers’ sites. We monitor our servers 24/7/365 and in no way can one customer adversely affect the performance of that server. If this happens, we will take preventative measures to ensure that the entire community is protected.
Lastly, our web hosting service is intended to host websites, not backup or storage facility for users’ data. Using your web hosting account primarily as an online storage space for archiving electronic files and images is strictly prohibited. Our servers are for web hosting usage only.
You may not publish or transmit via A1Hosting’s service any content that A1Hosting reasonably believes:
- constitutes child pornography;
- constitutes pornography;
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy;
- creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- clearly infringes on another person’s trade or service mark, patent, or other property right;
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking;
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to A1Hosting;
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against A1Hosting by offended viewers;
Proxy, Warez, Escrow, High Yield Investment Programs (HYIP), Gaming servers/applications, illegal Gambling and Lottery sites.
A1Hosting does not accept material such as:
A1Hosting can terminate service for any of the above reasons and it’s at A1Hosting’s sole discretion to issue a refund.
You must take reasonable security precautions. You must protect the confidentiality of your password, and you should change your password periodically.
Bulk Commercial Email
Bulk commercial email, mailing lists and email reflectors are allowed on A1Hosting’s servers, we do however allow a maximum of 500 emails per hour per account. For any emails sent from your A1Hosting account you must adhere to the following rules:
- Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e-mail via some affirmative means, such as an opt-in procedure;
- Your procedures for soliciting consent include reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the e-mail address for which the consent is given;
- You may not obscure the source of your e-mail in any manner.
- You otherwise comply with the CAN SPAM Act and other applicable law.
These policies apply to messages sent using your A1Hosting service, or to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via your A1Hosting service. In addition, you may not use a third party e-mail service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers.
You may not send any unsolicited e-mail, either in bulk or individually, to any person who has indicated that they do not wish to receive it. You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your A1Hosting’s services.
Material Protected By Copyright
You may not publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any music, software, art, or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner.
- you are otherwise permitted by established United States copyright law to copy the work in that manner.
A1Hosting will terminate the service of repeat copyright infringers.
You must have valid and current information on file with your domain name registrar for any domain hosted on the A1Hosting network.
A1Hosting is under no duty, and does not by this AUP undertake a duty, to monitor or police our customers’ activities and disclaims any responsibility for any misuse of the A1Hosting network.
You may not engage in illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including:
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures (including those belonging to A1Hosting and its customers) without express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner’s authorization, including, but not limited to Internet scanning (tricking other people into releasing their passwords), password robbery, security hole scanning, and port scanning;
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or a newsgroup posting; or
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the A1Hosting network.
- Use of A1Hosting’s network in a way that unreasonably interferes with A1Hosting’s other customers use of the network
Newsgroup, Chat Forums, Other Networks
You must comply with the rules and conventions for postings to any bulletin board, chat group or other forum in which you participate, such as IRC and USENET groups including their rules for content and commercial postings. These groups usually prohibit the posting of off-topic commercial messages, or mass postings to multiple forums.